(75% of quiz marks)
Note: This free preview is in standard definition (SD). Upon purchase, all recorded courses will be in high definition (HD) where you can pause, rewind, stop, and view as your busy schedule allows.
Course Title: Building Resiliency: Helping Clients With Coping and Well-being Even During Difficult Times
CE hours: 6
Instructor: John Preston, PsyD., ABPP
This 6 CE workshop is for licensed psychologists, MFT’s, LMFT’s, and LCSW’s that will allow mental health professionals to help their clients develop strategies for increasing resiliency, develop increase in meaningfulness and wellbeing even during challenging life events. This workshop will discuss areas of commonly overlooked underlying factors for poor treatment outcomes such as sleep disorders and thyroid disease. This workshop will discuss and explain ways that therapists can educate clients on treatment strategies such high intensity light therapy for depression and anxiety, the role of exercise, and provide them with techniques for rapid reduction of anxiety and for reducing social withdrawal and apathy in their clients. This workshop will help the clinicians to understand brain structures and circuits that underlie emotion regulation and ways to help clients to overcome maladaptive habits, improve mood regulation and address chronic characterological issues. The clinician will learn about psychotherapy techniques that facilitate neuroplasticity and how to help clients implement lifestyle changes that can contribute to a greater sense of well-being.
Upon completion, the attendant will be able to:
- Explain the concept of client resiliency & adaptive emotional habits.
- Discuss the neuroscience of positive emotions.
- Discuss cultural and spiritual traditions & considerations for helping clients to navigate through painful emotional times.
- Develop effective strategies from a positive psychology theoretical approach.
- Utilize and describe how clients can overcome maladaptive emotional habits, develop healthy mood regulation techniques, increase self-awareness.
- Discuss how to assist clients with challenging life decisions that increase a sense of vitality and meaningfulness.
- Help clients create effective strategies for dealing with times of very serious illness or one’s mortality.
- Recite approaches that foster optimal brain regulation of mood and cognitive functioning.
- Compare and discuss science-based research for resiliency and the practical and applied strategies for helping clients to improve the quality of life and remain positive during challenging life events.